Neptune Unveils GRO Refugium Light
19 Mar, 2021
via Neptune Systems
The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.
The new GRO Refugium Light from Neptune Systems has a $129.95 MSRP.
At A Glance Features
- Compact LED grow light with 84 LEDs in four colors, two key spectrum ranges for optimal macroalgae growth
- Large, flat area of illumination promotes better growth as it creates a much more even spread than single, spotlight-style lights.
- Distributed LED design means no light hotspots that can burn the macroalgae
- Less light spillage – IP64 water resistance means it can be placed very close to water — reducing the growth of nuisance algae elsewhere
- Two focused wavelength bands (455-460nm and 620-670nm) for maximum algae photosynthesis
- Covers a refugium area up to 18”x24”
- Plugs directly into DC24 connection on an EnergyBar832 or a 1Link module.
- Dimensions: 8.7″ x 6.1″ x 1.4″ (light panel itself less than 1″ high)
- Works with any Apex model, including the Apex Classic family.
- Operates standalone, without an Apex, with the purchase of an optionally available power supply.
- Mounts using the optionally available, flexible gooseneck, with one of two clamp styles
In the Box:
- GRO LED Light
- Flexible gooseneck mount
- One of two mounting brackets (either flat clamp or pipe clamp)
- An available, powered, DC24 port in your Apex Ecosystem OR
- Optional 24V power supply to run standalone (MSRP $19.95)
For more images and detailed information, visit the GRO LED refugium light page at NeptuneSystems.com. You can also discuss the product and see preliminary results from Neptune’s testing community in the GRO LED forum. And, for even more insights and discussion, check out the surprise livestream announcement of the GRO!
See the Announcement!
Watch the Product Video for Insights on the GRO