APBreed releases new SDaquarist Microalgae Blend
12 Nov, 2015
SDaquarist is a mix of six marine microalgae – Isochrysis, Pavlova, Tetraselmis, Chaetocerous calcitrans, Thalassiosira weissflogii and Thalassiosira pseudonana – a blend of the most widely used marine microalgae, chosen by top universities and commercial aquaculture facilities for their superior nutritional value. This mixed diet provides excellent nutrition that has demonstrated success with a variety of shellfish and other invertebrates such as bivalves, brine shrimp, tube worms, and sea cucumber larvae.
“This is going to be a great product for people with small tridacnids, as well as people looking to grow out brine shrimp,” said Chad Clayton, Live Feeds Supervisor at Reed Mariculture. Update – Reed Mariculture states this blend is also in the culture of copepods such as Apocyclops panamensis or Tigriopus californicus.
Features and Benefits:
- Provides excellent nutrition for bivalve species and other filter feeders, from first feeding larvae all the way up through broodstock, increasing both growth rates and survival
- Same nutritional value of live algae in an easy-to-use form
- Healthy balance of omegas, lipids, proteins and critical sterols
- Intact cell structure means a cleaner tank, less waste, and greater value
- Use for complete algae replacement or to increase algal diversity when using live algae
- 6 month shelf life (refrigerated at 1 – 5°C
For additional information, see the product page at http://apbreed.com/product_sdaquarist.php