CORAL November/December 2015 Issue Preview
21 Sep, 2015
Volume 12, Number 6
“Life will find a way,” says Dr. Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park in Dr. Ronald L. Shimek’s highly anticipated cover story for CORAL November/December. A perpetually fascinating subject for all marine aquarists, the uninvited and unexpected arrival of invasive animals and plants in reef aquariums can often be cause for alarm—but occasionally celebration when a rare coral or valued crustacean turns up as a hitchhiker.
In a section that will be saved for years of future reference, Reef Hitchhikers will gather the writing and images of Dr. Shimek, as well as Robert M. Fenner, Than Thein, Marc Levenson (Melev), Dr. Roy Caldwell and others.
• Keeping & Propagating the Beautiful Blue Gorgonians: Daniel Knop reveals his secrets for success with Guaiagorgia anas.
• A Showstopper High-Tech Reef: A 400-gallon spectacular reef aquarium created by a husband and wife team shows a modern balance of husbandry and computer-controlled maintenance
• Water Testing 101: Dr. Dieter Brockmann reminds beginners and veteran aquarists alike of the importance of regular water testing and keeping an eye on crucial parameters that can so easily drift away from their ideal ranges
• A Hawaiian Biotope Community, planned around the hardy Milletseed Butterflyfish and other species from the Aloha State’s new White List
• Also Pipefish Breeding, the newest Coral & Fish Rarities from US and Australian livestock sources, feeding and breeding Sun Corals and much more…
Materials Final Deadline for sponsors and contributors: October 8th
Publication (On Sale) Date: November 3, 2015